2010年7月15日星期四

Review of the New Fossil Wrist Net MSN Direct Watch (FX

I recentlyreviewed the new SwatchPaparazzi (probably the biggest competitor to the Wrist Net), so I was anxious to see how Fossil's efforts measured up. And since the Wrist Netis only the second MSN Direct watch to be redesigned since the original lineup(the first being the Suunton3), I was also interested in seeing if I could discern the direction in whichthe MSN Direct watches are evolving.I don't touch on the MSN Direct service itself in this review, nor do I get intothe features of MSN Direct watches, since I cover both in pretty painstakingdetail in my reviewof the Swatch Paparazzi. And since I don't have the original Fossil Wrist Netwatch, the sole purpose of this review is not to compare the old and the new side-by-side.Rather, I approach the new Wrist Net from a fresh perspective, comparing itto the Swatch Paparazzi where appropriate. Viewthe Fossil Wrist Net photo gallery.Update (12/13/2004): Fossil has lowered the price of the Wrist Net FX3005 discussed in this review from $200 to $149 which, in my opinion, makes it much more attractive. Well done, Fossil!Fossil recently polished up and re-released their Wrist Net watch inan attempt to wrap the MSN Directservice in a slightly more fashionable package. In their own words, the WristNet now has a "stylish new look" with its new integrated leather and rubberstrap, redesigned buckle, additional watch faces, and slimmer case.